Leave a legacy of hope
Making a planned gift allows you to maintain a good quality of life, while supporting a cause in which you believe and for which you have great admiration. At any time in your life or upon your death, you can bequest a portion or all of your wealth or inheritance to a charitable organization, such as Make-A-Wish® Quebec, while continuing to ensure prosperity for your loved ones.
In order to encourage you in this generous gesture, governments give you certain important tax benefits that are returned to you in the form of tax credits.
If you wish to support the mission of Make-A-Wish® Quebec and, hence, fulfill the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, we can assist you in realizing one the four following types of gifts:
Allows you to bequest a part or all of your inheritance at the time of drawing up your will, while keeping the possibility to make changes should your situation evolve differently.
- Getting the satisfaction of giving, while retaining the enjoyment and management of your wealth, as well as the possibility to change your gift during your lifetime;
- Obtaining a tax credit that may cancel or reduce the tax that your heirs will have to pay in the year of your death. Therefore, you are involved in the greater good through a direct gift to your favourite organization, instead of leaving a heavier tax burden to your estate.
Gift of life insurance (new or existing policy)
Allows you to make a substantial gift upon your death through installments (premiums) and obtaining a tax credit. You could even double the amount of your gift, while protecting the estate of your heirs and retaining the same quality of life.
New Insurance Policy
- Getting the satisfaction of making a gift upon your death, while retaining the possibility of changing one or many beneficiaries at any time;
- Obtaining a tax credit equivalent to your life insurance death proceeds which could cancel or reduce the tax that your heirs will have to pay the year of your death. Therefore, you are involved in the greater good through a direct gift to your favourite organization, instead of leaving a heavier tax burden to your estate.
Existing Insurance Policy
- Obtaining a tax credit for the fair market value of the policy (valuation performed by an independent actuary) and for the future premiums that will be paid;
- Having the possibility of making an important gift at a minimal cost or without cost (for example, if the policy is already completely paid).
Allows the decreasing or cancelling of the taxation of periodic pension income or income of another nature. Through its preferential tax treatment, an annuity purchased by Make-A-Wish® Quebec could allow you to continue to benefit from an equal or even greater net income while making a sizable donation.
- Maintaining or even increasing your net annual income;
- Requiring no management. Having no fluctuations based on the return of stock markets.
Allows you to make a gift to your favourite charity, such as Make-A-Wish® Quebec, while being exempt from taxes on the added-value of your investments.
- Having no capital gains tax on the given investments, which allows you to make a gift at a lesser cost;
- Obtaining a tax credit equal to the market value of your investments.